Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, taiwanese popcorn chicken 🍻. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻 is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻 is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
I am sure everybody loves these crunchy little chicken bits. What I am sharing today is a Taiwanese version. I will show you my secret on how to make the chicken extra crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have taiwanese popcorn chicken 🍻 using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻:
- Make ready 700 gr Boneless chicken breasts
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp Cooking wine
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp Soy souce
- Prepare 1 tsp 5 Spices powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Minced ginger
- Take 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- Get 1/4 tsp Pepper powder
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Salt
- Prepare 1 pack Tapioca starch
Chinese popcorn chicken or Taiwanese popcorn chicken is generally made using boneless thigh meat because of its extra juice. You can also use boneless breast meat but it is comparatively not as juicy as thigh meat. A newly married couple, surnamed Yeh, who worked during the day at the family's chicken farm. Taiwanese popcorn chicken, also referred to as Crispy Chicken or Salt and Pepper Chicken, is a popular snack often found at tapioca/boba tea cafes.
Instructions to make Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken 🍻:
- Cut chicken breasts into small chunks. Place in the large bowl.
- Add all ingredients into the bowl except tapioca powder, and mix it up.
- Marinate the chicken chunks about 10 mnt.
- Place half tapioca starch in the large bowl, then deep the chicken in one by one with tapioca starch. Place it on the plate.
- Once powdered process done, cover the plate with plastic film. Put the chicken chunks into the fridge. Leave it around 30 mnt. So the marination would be great and tastier.
- Once ready to deep frying process, remove the chicken from the fridge.
- Mix chicken chunks with half of tapioca flour. So it would b 2x powdered process.
- And now ready to deep frying. Deep fry with 350 F, until half brown. Remove it. Repeat deep frying once more, until golden brown. It is 2x deep frying process, just for crunchies purpose.
- We can find 5 spices powder and cooking wine at the Asian store so easy.
- Serve it on the plate, springkle with chilly powder and lil bit pepper powder as desire. Its really good..!! 😚😚😚 love it !!
The crunchy bite-sized pieces of chicken are dusted with a special mix of seasoning which makes them quite addicting. Taiwanese popcorn chicken is known by many names and it is one of the iconic street food items, enjoyed throughout the country. The dish is usually served without an accompanying sauce, but it frequently comes garnished with deep-fried basil leaves. If you love falafel and you love Taiwanese popcorn chicken, you'll love with this Taiwanese popcorn chickpea snack, whether or not you're a vegan. If you haven't had it, they're little juicy pieces of deep fried chicken with the most amazing crunch and flavor.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food taiwanese popcorn chicken 🍻 recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!