Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, chicken bharta. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Kolkata style Chicken Bharta or Chicken Bhorta probably took the essences from the North Indian "Bharta" and Bangladesh "Bhorta" to make itself the best of its kind. Chicken bharta recipe is mughlai dish in which the chicken pieces are almost mashed and Chicken bharta Recipe it quite rich with eggs and spices to bring delectable flavor. It is perfect recipe for any.
Chicken Bharta is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Chicken Bharta is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook chicken bharta using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Bharta:
- Make ready 500 gms Chicken
- Get 4 tbsp Oil
- Take 1 Tej patta/ bay leaf
- Get 2 Elaichi/green cardamom
- Make ready 3-4 Laung/cloves
- Prepare 1 tsp Cumin seeds/ jeera
- Take 1/2 inch chopped Ginger
- Make ready 7-8 cloves chopped Garlic
- Take 2 large Onion: chopped
- Prepare 3 Tomatoes: medium, chopped
- Prepare 2 tbsp Kasuri methi
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Take 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- Get 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Take 1 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- Make ready 3 tbsp Cashew Powder
- Take 2-3 tbsp Green coriander
- Get as required Boiled eggs: to garnish
Chicken Bharta Kolkata Style needs no introduction to a Bengali. We Bengali people are known for The word 'Bharta' or 'bhorta' itself means minced or mashed which is quite popular in Indian cuisine. How to make Chicken Bharta-Minced chicken delicacy- a North Indian favourite. Home » FoodFood » Turban Tadka » Chicken Bharta.
Steps to make Chicken Bharta:
- Wash and clean the chicken thoroughly. Add the chicken to a pressure cooker with 4 cups of water. Add some salt. Cook for 2 whistles. Let the pressure drop and open. Keep the broth for some other use; I normally make rice it turns out really flavorful.
- While the chicken is still warm, shred it using a fork. I like to keep the pieces a little chunky rather than shredding it all the way. Just make sure to remove all the bones.
- In a kadai/wok, heat the oil. Add the bay leaf, green cardamom, cloves and cumin seeds. Now add the ginger garlic. Let them turn light golden. Add the onions and sauté till onions turn golden. Now add the tomatoes and cook till they are thoroughly cooked. There should be no raw smell and oil should be released.
- Now add the kasuri methi and cashew nut powder. Mix and Cook for 30 seconds. Add all the spices like turmeric powder, coriander, red chilli powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well.
- Now add the shredded chicken and mix it on medium heat till the chicken is nicely coated with the masala. Add ¼ cup of water. - Cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes to allow the chicken to absorb the flavors. Add the butter and mix.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 2-3 minutes more. Add the chopped green coriander. Remove in serving bowl, garnish with boiled eggs. Serve with parathas or naans.
How to make Chicken Bharta There is a famous restaurant in Kolkata called Honey-Da-Dhaba. They make this famous Chicken Bharta. I had heard a lot about it but never really got a chance to have it. Chicken Bharta (Murgh Bharta) is a simple and easy to prepare chicken side dish from Punjab. Chicken bharta is made with minced chicken.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken bharta recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!