Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, tropical-spiced grilled chicken breast. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
These grilled chicken breasts are marinated in a simple citrus marinade made with lime, orange juice, honey, and red pepper flakes. Tropical Grilled Chicken Breast. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This grilled chicken breast recipe makes juicy grilled chicken that's made even more perfect with a flavorful homemade spice rub!
Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook tropical-spiced grilled chicken breast using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast:
- Prepare 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed, and patted dry
- Take 2 Tbs. vegetable or olive oil
- Take 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Take For the rub:
- Get 2 Tbs. dark brown sugar
- Get 2 tsp. salt
- Take 1 tsp. black pepper
- Make ready 1 tsp. ground coriander
- Get 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Get 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Take 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- Make ready 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Take For the sauce:
- Take 1/4 cup salted butter
- Prepare 1/3 cup dark rum
- Take 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- Make ready 8 oz. can crush pineapple bits with juice
- Make ready 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Make ready For the garnish:
- Take 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, cut in 1” thick slices
- Make ready 2 scallions (green onions), chopped for garnish
The sweet-hot salsa is the perfect condiment for the chicken. This recipe's vibrant flavours are perfect for the hot days of late summer. Grilled chicken breasts can be the epitome of boring. Too often they're dried out or rubbery.
Instructions to make Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast:
- Place chicken breasts on a platter with raised sides and cover the breasts with oil. Rub both sides with garlic. In a small bowl, mix the dry rub ingredients with a spoon. Dust both sides of the chicken breasts and gently rub the spices against the meat. Lightly cover the chicken with a towel and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, add the butter, rum, brown sugar, can of pineapple bits (with juice), and Worcestershire sauce. Add a dash of red pepper flakes. Bring to a mild boil over medium-high heat and continue to stir and heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow this to cool and thicken for 30 minutes.
- Prepare outdoor grill. One side of the grill should be high, other side medium. Clean the grates with a wire brush and coat well with vegetable oil using a balled paper towel or aluminum foil.
- Adjust the high heat side down to “medium,” with the other grilling surface to “low.” Place the “thickest” part of the breast over the “medium” heat side of the grill on a 45˚ angle to the grate. [Facing 10 on a clock]
- Grill for 5 minutes (if more than 1” thick). Turn the chicken over and grill for another 4-5 minutes in the same direction or position.
- Turn the chicken over once again (this time facing 2 on a clock). Medium heat on the thicker side of the meat. This may require adjusting the flame on a gas grill or moving the grate around on a charcoal grill.
- Brush the sauce over the chicken breasts very thick and grill for 2 minutes. Turn the breasts over, keeping within the same direction and brush more sauce on top. Grill for another 2 minutes. Place the chicken on a serving platter and add more sauce. Set aside.
- Place the pineapple slices on the grill and cook on both sides for 4 minutes using the sauce. When done, place the slices on a small plate and move them to a cutting board. Slice up the rings into 1” pieces.
- Place the chicken breasts on individual plates, add the pineapple pieces, and top this with chopped scallions. Serve with your favorite rice mixture. [Pictured, black beans and rice]
But when soaked in a super-quick marinade — with balsamic Also feel free to add in your favorite spices or even hot sauce. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the perfect blank canvas to experiment with. Grilled chicken breasts that are super juicy and flavorful. Learn my simple tips for how to make a grilled chicken breast without drying them out. This grilled chicken recipes, is quick, easy and full of flavor.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food tropical-spiced grilled chicken breast recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!