Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, quick chicken dum biryani. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken dum biryani recipe can be prepared in two ways, kacha (kachi) Method and Pakki Method. In the Kachi method of making biriyani, the raw ingredients are just marinated and placed at the bottom of a utensil and layered with partially cooked rice, saffron etc. Sealed & cooked on a slow dum process, trapping the steam inside for even cooking.
Quick chicken dum biryani is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Quick chicken dum biryani is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have quick chicken dum biryani using 29 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Quick chicken dum biryani:
- Prepare For rice:
- Take 2 cups Basmati rice
- Make ready 1 tsp oil
- Take 3 cloves
- Prepare 3 cardamom
- Make ready 1 inch cinnamon
- Take 1 bayleaf
- Take Salt as required
- Get For gravy:
- Get 500 gms chicken
- Take 2 sliced onions
- Get 1 bayleaf
- Prepare 2 cloves
- Get 1 inch cinnamon
- Make ready 1 tsp shahi jeera
- Prepare 1 star anise
- Take 2 cardamom pods
- Prepare 2 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- Prepare Salt as required
- Take 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Make ready 2 tsp chilli powder
- Take 2 tsp shahi biryani masala
- Make ready 2 tbsp curd
- Get Handful cilantro
- Prepare Handful mint leaves
- Make ready Other ingredients:
- Make ready Saffron soaked milk
- Take 1 tsp ghee
- Make ready Roasted cashews
The main speciality of chicken dum biryani is that it is quite easy to prepare and it only takes an hour to get all prepped up. And the point of speciality that you cannot ignore is that chicken dum biryani has all the ingredients to itself and it makes a complete meal in itself. Each and every ingredient of chicken dum biryani is so perfectly. Quick Chicken Biryani in Pressure Cooker
Steps to make Quick chicken dum biryani:
- Wash and soak rice for 30 mins. Drain water. Boil enough water and add all ingredients mentioned for rice. Add the drained rice and cook till 80% done and strain and keep covered.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil, add sliced onions and fry them until golden brown. Remove half of it and keep aside.
- Add cardamom, cinnamon, star anise, shahi jeera, bay leaf and ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Add chicken and cook for 2 mins. Add all masalas and cook for 5 mins.
- Add curd mix well and cook till done. Add cilantro and mint and mix well.
- Remove it from flame. Spread rice on top. Sprinkle mint and cilantro. Sprinkle cashews and fried onions. Pour ghee on top.
- Cover it with the lid and seal it with wheat dough if required not to allow the steam to escape.
- Put it on tawa on low flame and keep for 20 mins.
- Rest it for 15 mins. Serve hot.
Chicken Dum Biryani recipe in Cooker with step by step photos: This quick version of chicken biryani made in pressure cooker is like a boon for a special Sunday or holiday lunch menu,especially when you have some surprise guests for lunch. Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe is one such recipe which is loved by everyone in the family. Biryani is derived from the Farsi word 'birian' originated in Persia, biryani was introduced to India during the British rule. Each of the variation being loyal to its regional history. Down south in most regions like Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food quick chicken dum biryani recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!