Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, spicy pepper chicken masala (kerala style). One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Spicy Pepper Chicken Masala (Kerala Style) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Spicy Pepper Chicken Masala (Kerala Style) is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
How to make Spicy Pepper Chicken Masala Recipe. Get step by step recipe for Kerala Style Kozhi Kurumulaku ittathu( pepper chicken) recipe. This restaurant style pepper chicken recipe is very easy to make at home and it's an easy chicken masala recipe.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook spicy pepper chicken masala (kerala style) using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Pepper Chicken Masala (Kerala Style):
- Take 1 pack (1.5 lbs) Organic Free Ranch Chicken Thighs - Cut into small/medium size pieces
- Get 1 cup Red Onions - chopped into fine pieces
- Make ready 1 tbsp garlic paste
- Prepare 1 tbsp ginger paste
- Get 1 tomato chopped
- Get Cashew paste (Soak 5 to 6 cashews in 1/4 cup water for few minutes and grind it to make a fine paste)
- Prepare 2 stems curry leaves
- Take handful chopped cilantro
- Take 5-6 green chilli - depending on the spice level
- Make ready 2 tbsp Coriander powder
- Take salt
- Make ready 1 tsp Pepper powder
- Make ready 1 tsp crushed pepper
- Take few drops of lime/lemon juice
You can prepare Pepper chicken in different style and texture. Here I am introducing with you its Kerala style with pepper masala gravy. For this recipe I used coconut oil and fresh crushed ground black pepper for its original taste and aroma. It is bit spicy dish but well goes with boiled rice, chapatti.
Steps to make Spicy Pepper Chicken Masala (Kerala Style):
- Marinate chicken pieces with 1/4 tsp salt and few drops of lemon juice and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and keep it aside for 15minutes or so.This will make the chicken tender
- In a pan, add two tbsp of coconut oil. Add chopped/crushed ginger, garlic, chopped green chillies and curry leaves (1 to 2 stem) and saute it till the raw smell is gone.
- Add 1 cup of finely chopped onion into it and saute until onion becomes transparent. Add all the powders except crushed pepper powder and fry well. Next, add chopped tomatoes (1 cup approx.). Saute everything well and add some water. Cook the mixture till everything becomes a smooth paste.
- Add chicken into it,saute it .Add salt if needed Add half cup of water into it and cook for another 20 minutes or till chicken is cooked.
- Add cashew nut paste into it and mix well.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish it with some crushed pepper and cilantro leaves .
- Serve hot with Rice or Roti.
Kerala Spicy Pepper Chicken is one of the favorite chicken dishes in Indian Cuisine. The pepper flavored dry roast dish goes well with ghee rice Spicy and peppery chicken is one of the easiest chicken dishes that can be prepared at home. The dish is unique and special with chopped chicken. Serve hot with rice or the south Indian parottas. Its an all time favorite recipe of mine.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food spicy pepper chicken masala (kerala style) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!