Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chicken flautas. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Flautas is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Chicken Flautas is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Chicken Flautas is a Mexican dish. If desired serve with sour cream, picante sauce and/or Spanish rice. Chicken flautas, also known as rolled tacos, are tortillas filled with seasoned chicken and deep-fried for a tasty Mexican-inspired appetizer or meal.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken flautas using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Flautas:
- Take 1 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Get 1 Canola oil (for frying)
- Make ready 1 Avocado
- Prepare 1 Lemon
- Get 1 bunch Cilantro
- Get 1 Chipotle sauce
- Prepare 1 tsp Cumin
- Take 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Take 1/2 tsp Adobo Goya
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- Prepare 1 (Shredded) Chicken Breast
- Make ready 1 chopped Red Onion
- Take 1 large Sweet Pepper
- Prepare 1 Sriracha sauce
- Make ready 1 Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Get 1 Corn Tortillas
These flautas are about to become your family's favorite quick and easy dinner, appetizer or snack! Flour tortillas are stuffed with fiesta spiced chicken, cheese, salsa and sour cream, rolled up then fried or baked to golden, crispy perfection. You can also swap the chicken for other favorite. Before we get started it's worth mentioning that Flautas sometimes moonlight as Taquitos, and vice versa.
Instructions to make Chicken Flautas:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and cover your baking dish with aluminun foil for easy clean-up ;} …set aside. Wash a large chicken breast and pat dry with a paper towel. Drizzle EVOO on breast and season with adobo goya, cumin, garlic powder, and chilli powder (on both sides). Place chicken in oven for about 15-25 minutes (depending on your oven) or until it's almost fully baked and shreddable.
- While chicken is cooking, in a small mixing bowl add 1 chopped avocado, 1/2 chopped red onion, a bunch of chopped cilantro, juice from 1/2 a lemon and a pinch of salt (or to taste). Blend well.
- On a medium skillet, on medium heat, add 1 tbsp. of EVOO, your other 1/2 chopped red onion and chopped sweet peppers. Once onions are translucent, add shredded chicken and season with a little more cumin and chilli powder (or your favorite mexican seasonings), drizzle the other half of your lemon and about 1 1/2 tsp. of chipotle sauce. Add more EVOO if needed and chipotle sauce if you like it spicier.
- After it's cooked, let chicken mixture cool so it's easier to handle. Once chicken mixture is cool enough, fill your corn tortillas. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER FILL or mixture will fall out while frying. Fill and roll all your tortillas. In a medium frying pan on medium low heat, add about 1/4 cup of Canola oil. Start frying tortillas with seem down so they won't open up on you. Fry for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden, crisp brown. Place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Top with your simple guacamole mix and drizzle sriracha sauce on top and serve right away. Delicious! Enjoy :-)
In Mexico, Flautas are traditionally made with corn tortillas. In the States, it's common to distinguish Flautas by their use of flour tortillas, and if using corn tortillas they'll be called Taquitos. Take taco night to the next level with this weeknight spin on cheesy, crunchy flautas. After stuffing them with a smoky, spicy ground chicken-chipotle mixture, we skipped the traditional pan-frying route in favor of letting them crisp-up in the oven. Inside: Chicken Flautas (or taquitos) are one of the most popular and easy to make of all Mexican "antojitos".
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken flautas recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!