Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, opor ayam from padang (chicken braised in coconut milk)😍🍉🍌🍜. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Opor ayam is an Indonesian dish from Central Java consisting of chicken cooked in coconut milk. The spice mixture (bumbu) includes galangal, lemongrass, cinnamon, tamarind juice, palm sugar. Opor ayam (chicken cooked in coconut milk) is one of the easiest Indonesian recipes you can try at home, and very delicious.
Opor Ayam from Padang (Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk)😍🍉🍌🍜 is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Opor Ayam from Padang (Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk)😍🍉🍌🍜 is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook opor ayam from padang (chicken braised in coconut milk)😍🍉🍌🍜 using 35 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Opor Ayam from Padang (Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk)😍🍉🍌🍜:
- Take 1 whole Chicken, 1.5 kg cut into 8 pieces. Wash
- Get 600 ml (thin) & 300ml (thick, concentrated) can Coconut Cream
- Take 600 ml Water boiled from the kettle: as needed
- Make ready 2 tbs Rice Bran oil, Alfa one brand
- Prepare 3 cm fresh Kencur or 1/2 tsp ground Kencur
- Take 3 cm fresh Ginger peeled, slice thinly
- Get 1 cm fresh Turmeric,skin on slice thickly (1/2 tsp ground curry)
- Take 3 Candle nuts/Macadamia (Kemiri)
- Make ready 1 Lemongrass stalks, split in half, crushed on the white part
- Get (see the image)
- Prepare 3 Bay leaves (daun Salam)
- Prepare 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- Get 1 Curry leaves (daun kunyit)
- Take 2 tbs soft Brown sugar as needed
- Prepare 1 tbs bouillon Chicken powder
- Get 6 Eggs (boiled 6' in salted water& peeled in cold water tap)
- Take 3 medium Potatoes, peeled & cut in chunks size, then put
- Prepare on a double pot: steam for 19 minutes
- Get 2 cakes Bean Curds (Tahu), sliced, fried in hot oil until brown
- Take 1/2 cup Melinjo fruits
- Make ready 10 shallots, slice thickly
- Prepare 6 cloves Garlic, slice thickly
- Take 1 tsp ground Coriander
- Get 1 tsp ground Nutmeg
- Take 10 fresh red Chilies(leave 2 whole chillies whole as decorative)
- Get 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper ground (mild hot)
- Make ready 1 tbs bouillon Chicken
- Get 2 tsp Salt as needed
- Get 1 tbs Black pepper grinded
- Prepare Kerupuk Emping 1 bag,bought raw from Asian market.Fry in hot oil
- Take 1 handful fried Onions, to sprinkle on top of serving dish
- Take Jasmine rice cook in Rice Cooker or
- Make ready 6 Ketupat rice cakes (from Asian supermarket)cut in rough pieces
- Prepare (see images)
- Prepare Decorate: put 2 Basil leaves (or 2 stalks Coriander leaves)
This recipe is from the show Simply Ming. Add Thai basil and cook another minute. Opor Ayam from Padang (Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk). Indonesian chicken in coconut gravy, known as Opor Ayam, is.
Steps to make Opor Ayam from Padang (Chicken Braised in Coconut Milk)😍🍉🍌🍜:
- The spicy paste has to be fried first in a wok with 3 tbs hot oil:put shallots,garlic,ginger,galangal,turmeric,lemongrass,kencur, candle nuts,coriander,red chilies.Stir to fry untill well cooked (!) emanating aroma-fragrance! Remove. Put the fried spicy into blender, blend it until a smooth paste. Remove.
- In a wok on medium heat put 4 cups water, thin coconut cream, the spicy paste, chicken pieces, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves,curry leaves, lemongrass, nutmeg,melinjo fruits, chicken stock powder, ground cayenne pepper, salt: stir to fry & mix. Keep stirring to avoid the coconut cream split, until the chicken is halfway cooked.
- Then add the rest the thick coconut cream while still stirring,add the cooked potatoes, prefried sliced bean curds,boiled eggs,sugar. Add more salt & more water if needed.
- When the casserole starting to boil, turn down the temp and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely. Turn off, remove the wok. Transfer Opor Ayam onto a deep large rectangular glass dish. Sprinkle on top with dried fried Onions, decorate with 2 Basil leaves. To serve with steamed Jasmine Rice or Ketupat cakes. Side dish: crunchy cracker Kerupuk emping.
But I'll make it again my way coz I think all curries taste. Beside coconut milk is very rare and expensive thing here in Turkey. I started to learn how to cook Indonesian food and this one is a keeper. It's a mild chicken curry style dish that is a fav among kids here. My sister-in-law gave me this recipe and it turned out pretty good the first time I tried.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food opor ayam from padang (chicken braised in coconut milk)😍🍉🍌🍜 recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!