Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, pastelitos (chicken/steak). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Next, stir in cheese and remove from heat. Allow chicken and potato mixture to cool slightly and transfer to a large bowl. Step Three Combine flour and salt in medium bowl, cut in shortening until crumbly.
Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pastelitos (chicken/steak) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak):
- Get 1 Pk. Empanada Discs
- Get 1 1/2 Cups Steak
- Take 2 Cups Chicken
- Make ready 1/3 Cup Peppers
- Take 1 Small Onion
- Get 4 Mushrooms
- Prepare 3 Cloves Garlic
- Take 1 1/2 Cups Cheese
- Make ready Seasoned Salt
- Take Black Pepper
- Get 4 Heaping Tbs. Tomato Sauce
- Get Oil
Sprinkle a small amount of adobo to the mix. This means you can make as much pastelitos andinos as you need and then save the rest for the next day. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Puerto Rican style Pasteles de Guineo or Yuca filled with Seasoned pork, chicken, steak, vegetables or tofu.
Steps to make Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak):
- Prep ingredients as seen below. (I used cooked bbq meats, so they were already seasoned. I seasoned the veggies with seasoned salt and black pepper. I recommend seasoning your meat if it’s not pre-cooked). Divide and sauté veggies in two pans.
- Add meats, respectively and heat through. Finish with 2 Tbs. Tomato Sauce in each pan. Stir and let cool to room temperature. Set up a flat work station and get some flour on it.
- This is the challenging part. Don’t listen to your mind. Your mind will tell you to stuff the hell out of these, but don’t. The maximum you can put in these is about 2 1/2- 3 Tbs. of filling. So, do that and put some cheese on top. Keep everything centered then fold it over as seen. Pinch the edges hard with a fork. Be careful not to pierce the middle. You don’t want them opening up in the hot oil.
- I used a cast iron skillet with an unquantifiable amount of oil. Get the oil hot and begin frying. Just be sure that you can cover at least 3/4 of the pastelitos. If you have a deep fryer, even better. (Yes, you can bake these. And it’s sinful, but yes, you can probably put them in the air fryer). Fry for a few minutes on each side.
- Remove when golden brown. Not too brown, just brown enough. The browning will continue when removed. Also, I found the best way to drain is by placing them on a rack with paper towels underneath. That way, they’re not sitting in a oil-soaked pad of paper towels.
We can also add raisins, garbanzo beans or pique Sauté onion and garlic for a couple minutes. Add in chicken and sauté a couple more minutes. Add in the tomato. (If you're making this, I am assuming that you've already seasoned your chicken while grilling. The chicken will carry some flavor). Lightly season with salt, pepper and Italian seasonings.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food pastelitos (chicken/steak) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!