Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, shrimp mofongo. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
According to Manolo Lopez, the Puerto Rican proprietor of the Smorgasburg food stand MofonGO, this mashed plantain dish is the "unofficial. Spoon the mofongo into bowls and top with the shrimp. Camarofongo Recipe (Shrimp Mofongo): If you love mofongo–and who doesn't–you'll squeal with We all know and love the classic mofongo, this Camarofongo (Shrimp Mofongo) is every bit as good.
Shrimp mofongo is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Shrimp mofongo is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have shrimp mofongo using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp mofongo:
- Get 2 green plantains
- Take 1-2 cups canola oil for frying
- Get 1-2 cloves garlic depending on your taste
- Prepare 1/2 pound large raw shrimp
- Prepare 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Prepare Chopped up cilantro
- Take 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Prepare 1/4 cup onion
- Take Adobo according to your liking
- Make ready 1/4 th Chicken bouillon cube
Easy Creole Shrimp Mofongo Recipe - delicious cajun shrimp in a spicy sweet creole stew over This creole shrimp mofongo combines a few of my favorite recipes - my Easy Creole Sauce, Cajun. Mofongo - Garlic Shrimp Mofongo Recipe - Mofongo Con Camarones: ⬇⬇⬇⬇ CLICK FOR. Chef Evette Rios shows Wendy how to make Shrimp Mofongo and a Passionfruit Mint Mocktail! _ Mofongo with shrimp recipe: Try this Mofongo with shrimp recipe, or contribute your own. Season the mofongo with salt and pepper; keep warm.
Instructions to make Shrimp mofongo:
- Start with peeling the green plantains. Cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces. You can start mincing the yellow onions and take your cilantro, wash it and then chop it up.
- Start heating up a frying pan. Fill with the oil and once it’s hot start adding the green plantains. Fry for a couple of minutes until you feel it start getting soft on the inside. Flip them on the other side. Fry for a couple of more minutes then take them out. Put them on a plate lined up with paper towel so it can soak up the grease.
- Take a pan and put the olive oil. Put the 4th of the bouillon cube in the oil. Add lime juice adobo, cilantro and onion start frying. Add the garlic. Fry for about 1 minute then add shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Make sure you don’t overcook the shrimp.
- Take a bowl or a pilon and add the fried green plantains. That will be where you will mash the plantains into the round form. Add a small amount of garlic. Mash until soft. Once the plantains have taken its form take it out and put it on the plate. Add the shrimp on the mofongo. 🙂
Mofongo Relleno (mashed plantains with shrimp and red pepper sauce). for Puerto Rican staple mofongo relleno which is mashed fried plantains stuffed with garlic, olive oil, spices, and shrimp then. Mofongo is a popular dish in Puerto Rico and is made with mashed fried green plantains and filled with beef, pork or seafood. So, I made Mofongo with Shrimp in a creole sauce for this stop. As Puerto Ricans, our weakness for mofongo inspires us to create delicious combinations and variations to enhance the flavor of this dish. One such variation is using yucca instead of the.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food shrimp mofongo recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!